High self-esteem is equal to good health
A good starting point to enhance your self-esteem and feel good in your own skin is to take care of the first thing people notice about you – your smile.
Bonding, also known as composite veneers, is a procedure that changes the shape or size of teeth, fills gaps between them, covers discolored teeth or those with cracks and micro-fractures. There are many advantages to this procedure, leading to a radiant smile.
Bonding is a great alternative to ceramic veneers. Although they are more durable, maintenance is easier, faster, and affordable.
One of the advantages of bonding is preserving the tooth structure without resorting to enamel reduction. Enamel reduction is usually necessary when the tooth has an old filling and/or cavities. The preparation involves a thorough examination and photographic documentation, which allows us to create a digital smile design. Through this, the patient can visualize the final result even before the treatment has started.
It is performed in the following sequence:
- Digital design of the desired outcome
- Selection of a suitable material color
- Cleaning and polishing of the tooth surface
- The tooth is treated with composite material, which is applied in layers and cured with a photopolymerization lamp.
Curing takes a few seconds, giving the tooth its intended shape, size, and color. Then the tooth is polished to achieve the necessary smoothness and shine of natural teeth.
The advantages of bonding are numerous!
- It can be done in a single visit
- No need for anesthesia, tooth reduction, or numbing
- It is painless
- Budget-friendly alternative to dental crowns and veneers
- Suitable for patients with limited free time
Teeth treated with composite material do not require special care. It is advisable for patients to visit the clinic at least once a year to assess their condition, take advantage of warranty conditions, and maintain their beautiful smile for years to come. Good oral hygiene is also of great importance in keeping them looking perfect.